Head of Delivery
Location: Based at Harpenden, Hertfordshire
Category: Permanent / Fixed Term / Secondment
This is an exciting position to be part of the Senior Management Team to coordinate and drive forward the work programme across criminal justice, community safety, engagement and partnerships portfolios.
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the Commissioner’s strategic priorities as outlined in his Community Safety and Criminal Justice Plan: Everybody’s Business (2017- 2022) and ensure that work is developed, progressed and coordinated to achieve maximum impact.
This is an opportunity for someone to develop and manage workstreams and have a role in the strategic direction of work. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate:
- Leadership and proven ability to run substantial programmes of work
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively and use strategic awareness in analysis of issues and problem-solving
- A strong political nous and a genuine curiosity to seek out and develop ideas
- Experience in the fields of policy, policing and public sector partnerships working in a complex environment
- Confidence in networking and are able to build strong links with policymakers at all levels
- Ability to combine long-term planning and short-term reactive work, and excel in both
- Have excellent consultation, facilitation and presentation skills
- Work accurately and independently, managing demands of own workload and use own initiative to identify areas for improvement and take to a successful conclusion
- Demonstrate a positive, professional approach to the workplace and commitment to working flexibly to achieve service and team needs
To find out more about the role or to have an informal discussion (prior to making an application), please contact the Director of Delivery and Commissioning, Dr Amie Birkhamshaw on 01707 806154 or Email: Amie.Birkhamshaw@herts.pcc.pnn.gov.uk
Further information about the role of the Police and Crime Commissioner and the five year Community Safety and Criminal Justice Plan: Everybody’s Business (2017- 2022) can be found here: http://hertscommissioner.org
How to Apply
or post to:
Dr Amie Birkhamshaw, Director of Delivery and Commissioning
Police and Crime Commissioner's Office
Harpenden Police Station
15 Vaughan Road
The closing date for completed applications is Midnight on Monday 20th August 2018. Late applications will not be considered.
Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
The Police and Crime Commissioner is firmly committed to promoting equality of opportunity for all local people and communities, irrespective of gender, ethnic origin, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, age, or any other irrelevant factor. You can fill out a survey form by clicking here.
This information is for statistical monitoring purposes only and will not be made available to those assessing your application. The information supplied will be treated in the strictest confidence and will not affect your job application in any way. Completion of this form is voluntary, but the information will help us ensure equality of opportunity.